There are more than 500 million Instagrammers and a whopping 300 million use the platform every single day. Moreover, 80% of Instagram users live outside of the US, so it is absolutely a global network.
Is your business active on Instagram? If so, what metrics are you tracking?
After all, having a presence on social media is one thing, but getting it right and engaging your audience is quite another. That’s why it’s important to have a peak at your analytics from time to time and see what’s working and what’s not.
So what metrics should you be tracking on Instagram?
Here are the primary Instagram metrics you should keep an eye on:
- Follower growth – Okay, so the number of followers you have isn’t the be all and end all, but it is definitely something you should track. The bottom line is that if your number of followers isn’t growing then you might be doing something wrong – wrong content, poor engagement, etc.
- Audience profile – It’s a good idea to understand your audience profile. In other words, what is the breakdown of your followers?
- Likes – How many likes are you getting? Is it proportionate to your number of followers? You’d like to think so.
- Comments – Are people regularly commenting on your pictures and videos? Is it the same people every time or an even spread?
- Competitors – You’ll no doubt be watching your competitors. How are you doing compared to them?
- Traffic generated – Not being able to include clickable links within your status updates is a big issue for encouraging and tracking traffic back to your website but you can include a profile link and you can tell people to go to a specific page.
Next week’s blog post will look at some of the tools out there that can help you get the very most out of your Instagram account analytics.